Monday 4 June 2012

I should have known better and stayed with my original web host.  Setting up the new website has not gone well and I am still having problems with it.  The old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it definitely applies here.  Apart from fighting with the website I have been decorating slates for the past few weeks.  The storms at the beginning of the year brought down a lot of slates from the newly restored St Bartholomew's Church in Gourock.  Well when I saw the broken slates left lying in the church garden I thought there must be something I can do with them.  So I took a few home and yes there is a lot you can do with them.  I decorated some with dried flowers, mounted 3D decoupage on some and I stamped and then painted the image with Twinkling H2Os and Cosmic Powders.  I am now trying to sell them in aid of the Roof Repair Fund at St Barts Church and the Restoration Fund for my own church St John's Church in Greenock.




For the rest of this week I am going to be preparing for a Car Boot Sale on Saturday.  I do not have any Father's Day cards, so I think I should do a few in case there is anyone looking for them.

1 comment:

  1. Angela, I love that slate and flowers. Well done to you for thinking about doing something like that. There is always a use for something.

    Love and hugs

    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete